Monday 5 April 2010

Life drawing- Hannah White


This is one of the sketches from last semester, my first attempt at life drawing. I had never been very good at drawing in school so i was dreading the life drawing class. However, it wasn't as hard as i first thought. My art teacher at secondary school always told me to "draw what you see, not what you know" which i found very useful in life drawing. Where i would usually just draw what i thought a man looked like, in this class i actually took special attention to light and form which; even though i am not a great artist, gave me a realistic representation of what i wanted to draw. This again proves that light plays an important part in visual communication to make the subject look like what it is supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment